U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | RE: Pyrocat HD Capacity?

RE: Pyrocat HD Capacity?

BTW, if you attempt semi-stand development don't try more than one sheet per tray. Some people have reported good success doing 4-6 sheets at a time with slosher type devices that keep the film separated.

I personally use tubes for this type of development with 5X7 film. I use opened ended PVC tubes. I first pre-wet the film, then placed it in the tubes, and finally transfer the tubes with film to a 11X14" Beseler drum filled with developer to cover the tubes. Then I put the lid on the drum and agitate. After the lid goes on the drum the lights can go on. With the set-up I can develop six sheets of 5X7 film at a time. I am using a lot of solution but with a weak dilution of 1.5:1:200.

Sandy