U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Pinhole/ZP Tech Camera

Re: Pinhole/ZP Tech Camera

I'll vouch for those zone plates from Pinhole Resource. I didn't realize, until later, that Sam makes those. I bought one for my Canon 5D before taking a trip this summer. I really liked using the zone plate, too-- worked like a charm-- . I could actually see a faint image through the viewfinder, and the image easily showed up on the screen. I also shot raw with the zone plate and had no problems. Well, except for the dust . . . So much faster than pinhole, too, so that's a plus.

On Oct 20, 2007, at 12:42 PM, Christina Z. Anderson wrote:

501.751.8863 is the number I have on the back of my manual, but I, too, had a hard time finding any info on them. I am pretty sure I got my camera off of pinholeresource.com originally (Eric Renner's website).

Speaking of zoneplates, I think Sam Wang is the one who manufactures the zone plate body caps for that website, and they are pretty darn neat. Esp in front of a digital camera for instant feedback. But watch dust. AND there are sometimes anomalies that show up on digital with my Nikon D200 with the zone plate. I finally saw the dreaded banding (which first showed up in the zone plate images and therefore I thought it was a zone plate problem) on some raw files as well as the zone plate images and sent the camera back to Nikon after 1 1/2 yr and Nikon fixed it for me free of charge! But that is a totally unrelated topic to digital...except if using zone plates on a digital camera it is probably best to shoot raw and not jpg so you don't get posterization in the image itself.
Chris
----- Original Message ----- From: <Ritab19106@aol.com>
To: <alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca>
Sent: Saturday, October 20, 2007 10:12 AM
Subject: Pinhole/ZP Tech Camera

Thanks, Chris. I remember reading about that camera...maybe it used to be
made by some other company? Anyway, I checked out the website and there was
no information; do you have any idea if they are still in business?

Regards,

Rita

************************************** See what's new at http:// www.aol.com