U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: I have a question

Re: I have a question

From: Greg Schmitz <gws1@columbia.edu>
Subject: RE: I have a question
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2007 03:56:29 -0400 (EDT)

> If you've gleaned some insights from your readings, and from
> your ability to interpret what they mean, we would all be
> better served by a more direct interpretation rather than a
> simple refernce to the literature.

You say that but I've seen more than plenty examples of people
fighting over speculations of dichromate chemistry, mystery of
getting sick from hardening agent, etc. Richard Knoppow who
asked for examples of bleaching agent has been very critical
of unreliable sources here and elsewhere, and I do know that
Richard reads US Patents for his own research of photographic
chemistry. In my view Richard would appreciate US Patent
number more than brief commentary of "more direct
interpretation" you said, although I offered both anyway.