U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | upcoming show in Nashville area

upcoming show in Nashville area

Hi all,
I just spent all day packing up work to send down South, and take this time to announce that if anyone on the list lives in or around Nashville, there will be a show called Figuratively Speaking at the Renaissance Arts Center in Dickson for the month of November (actually, Oct. 31 it starts). 5 photographers, including myself, will be displaying work in the show, and my work is all alt (mordancage, gum, etc.). Opening reception is November 2, 6-7:30 but unfortunately I won't be there for it :( -- the perils of having a full time job.

Caveat--although the show talks about photographers being from the Southeast, I was only blessed to live there for 2 years while in grad school. Easton Selby is my friend from grad school and we terrorized Sam Wang for at least 2 yr. Easton does some wonderful...what I might call Southern Gothic stuff, large encaustic BWs.
Chris

PS when I was choosing images to put in this show I was surprised at how much my husband figured in my work. I think he deserves a place along with Eleanor Callahan and Edith Gowin. It's just he's much more grumpy in my work than they are in their respective husbands' works. AND he refuses to let me show the Adam and Eve pinhole shot of the two of us...as soon as he dies it's goin' in a show...

PPS anyone who goes there, take a pic for me of the installation...

http://www.rcenter.org/Home/News/Gallery/2K7FigurativelySpeaking.asp

Christina Z. Anderson
Assistant Professor, Photo Option Coordinator
Montana State University, VCB 220
Box 173350
Bozeman Montana 59718
406.994.6219