U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: CALLING ALL PHOTO EDUCATORS: WAY OT

Re: CALLING ALL PHOTO EDUCATORS: WAY OT

  • To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
  • Subject: Re: CALLING ALL PHOTO EDUCATORS: WAY OT
  • From: Barry Kleider <bkleider@sihope.com>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 12:17:36 -0500

Hi, Bob!

Your query is a good one, and not nearly so OT as some I've seen on this list. (I'm donating a dollar to charity for every 'yea' I hear to that one.)

I was thinking about this the other day -- feeling like it's been a loooong time since I actually formulated a list of who was doing original and noteworthy work that actually changed the character of the medium or set new directions.

I go to photo and other visual art openings once or twice a month. I consider it part of my job as an artist and teacher. I look at stuff online too. I know I'm not the only one who does that. There's some wonderful work out there ( and some same day same stuff....)

Who and what actually breaks the mold?

Please share the list of submissions -- and your pick for top five.

Barry

BOB KISS wrote:
DEAR PHOTO EDUCATORS,
This is WAY OT so please feel free to e-mail me off-list. I have
been asked to be the senior thesis advisor for a photo student who wants to
do her term paper on post-modern photography. Might y'all be willing to
send me a list of your top five picks (more if you like) of photographers
whom you feel best exemplify the post modern aesthetic? I have my five but,
being WAY out of the loop here in Barbados, I have almost certainly missed
some important ones. Thanks in advance.
CHEERS!
BOB

Please check my website: http://www.bobkiss.com/
"Live as if you are going to die tomorrow. Learn as if you are going to
live forever". Mahatma Gandhi