U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: CALLING ALL PHOTO EDUCATORS: WAY OT

Re: CALLING ALL PHOTO EDUCATORS: WAY OT

  • To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
  • Subject: Re: CALLING ALL PHOTO EDUCATORS: WAY OT
  • From: "Christina Z. Anderson" <zphoto@montana.net>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2007 19:33:01 -0700

Oh man, Bob, didn't answer this one...

I can't pick my top five but I will give you some ideas. Cindy Sherman, Richard Prince, Thomas Ruff, Jeff Wall, Candida Hofer, New Topographics, I love Robert Frank, William Eggleston, Christenberry, Stephen Shore. Also Nan Goldin, I love Gursky's work, Mike and Doug Starn, Loretta Lux, Simen Johan, Malerie Marder, a bunch of the women out of Yale, it goes on, but this is a start.
Chris

DEAR PHOTO EDUCATORS,
This is WAY OT so please feel free to e-mail me off-list. I have
been asked to be the senior thesis advisor for a photo student who wants to
do her term paper on post-modern photography. Might y'all be willing to
send me a list of your top five picks (more if you like) of photographers
whom you feel best exemplify the post modern aesthetic? I have my five but,
being WAY out of the loop here in Barbados, I have almost certainly missed
some important ones. Thanks in advance.
CHEERS!
BOB