U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | RE: Defining "post-modernism" -- WAS--- First define "post-modern"pho

RE: Defining "post-modernism" -- WAS--- First define "post-modern"photography, dammit

Pam,

Jack, I haven't seen much of Cindy Sherman's work for 20 years or so,
but I thought her photos in film format were an extension of film noire
with a major difference. Pretty interesting stuff.

Cindy Sherman's famous series, "Untitled Film Stills", never had any
linkages with film noir, instead the series was intended to ape or mimic a
series of fan magazine publicity stills of an imaginary blonde actress.

For more information read the MOMA article found at:

http://www.moma.org/exhibitions/1997/sherman/index.html

Don Bryant