U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Defining "post-modernism" -- WAS--- First define "post-modern"phot

Re: Defining "post-modernism" -- WAS--- First define "post-modern"photography, dammit

I did not say the man was not financial savvy. Noooo way. There is a facet of the above artist's works that is appealing to the degree that one seeing
the comeuppance of a bully is pleasing, and I'm not saying these boys are bullies more than the art-world is. The ploy they've played as a plot
of perfidious perfection panning prurience is good if not excellent. Like many a thing, it's easier to put down than applaud with conviction. Oh, Velazquez or Goya did put down things nicely but pointed out within the works the why of it and did not wish to pass it off as smug knowledge.
It is, indeed, perhaps unfair to compare artists some 350 years apart but I do like passion an awful lot.