U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Bleach-development with gum

Re: Bleach-development with gum

  • To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
  • Subject: Re: Bleach-development with gum
  • From: Katharine Thayer <kthayer@pacifier.com>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 22:18:03 -0800

No, this isn't me, but it's interesting; you're the second person who has asked me that. This was a test shot for a portrait series I planned to do of a group of people who hung out at a coffeeshop in a fishing village near where I used to live. I used to hang out there myself on winter afternoons and work on jigsaw puzzles with a couple of boatwrights. I really liked the people who congregated there and wanted to capture them on film. I had hoped to complete the series this winter, but alas, it's not to be, as the coffeeshop has gone out of business. The picture is of the owner of the coffeeshop.

The picture you saw of me must have been this gum print I posted some years ago to illustrate some point or other, because I can't think of any pictures of me that have been published elsewhere. I took this while testing large format film and developers several years ago, and made gum prints of it for my kids. You've got a pretty good memory yourself...
Katharine