U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | RE: Bleach-development with gum recipe

RE: Bleach-development with gum recipe

Charles:
I use about 18 grams of gelating in 500 grams of water. Add about 25ml of 3% potassium dichromate (or ammonium dichromate). Brsh at about 25ml/full sheet of paper. Allow dry for a day. I then brush a second coat, dry and expose to sunlight for 15-30 minutes. DIrect sun works, overcast day works as well.  This decomposes mostof the dichromate. Next is a soak for about 30 minutes in room temerature water to preshrink and wash some of the chromium out. I have used this procedure with a single coat only as well. It gives a very light tan coloured sieze that can be clared in a bisulfite wash. Best done after all the printing. You can not spot the difference unless you put a piece of fresh paper next to it. I love doing inkjet prints on paper coated this way as well.
No vapor forming chemicals involved.
Hope that helps.