U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Bleach-development with gum

Re: Bleach-development with gum

Hi Judy,

It's a specific brand of indoor/outdoor wood finish: Hydrocote Polyshield
Clear Gloss (or Clear Satin if you don't want excessive gloss / shine). It's
"non-yellowing".

See: http://www.hydrocote.com/our_products.htm

"... The supreme finish of all, short of polyester. A super tough, super
hard, non-yellowing polyurethane that is UV stable to meet the most
demanding wood surface protection, interior and exterior. Designed for
finishing and refinishing of all interior and exterior wood furniture,
kitchen cabinets, table tops, counter tops, office furniture, flooring,
children's furniture and toys, school desks, pews, bathroom fixtures and
above waterline marine woodwork. Highly versatile - apply by brush, spray or
wipe on. Self-sealing (for exterior application), or seal with our Clear
Wood Sealer (for interior application), if so desired...."

It gives a considerable dmax and dynamic range increse for both matte
alt-process and inkjet prints.

Since it's hard to apply it even when undiluted I dilute it 1:1 with water -
no brushmarks / unevenness that way. You may also use a wire wound coating
rod to apply it (undiluted) - I use a #30 laboratory coating rod from RD
Specialties:

http://www.rdspecialties.com/Page.asp?Script=4