U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Bleach

Re: Bleach

Nice print - what is the actual size?

Can you please clearly outline your process? (If you like to.) I don't remember any clear description of your process (and I'm member of this list since 2003) - only few messages suggesting a lot of different "possible" coating/sizing materials (quite confusing to me - maybe not for those who're more aquainted to historical texts / procedures). Since English is not my native language, I may have missed the clear / real meanings of your several - maybe cryptic - previous postings on the subject. (I may have attributed this to the fact that you're British - in the sense of your writing style -, but it's not the same when I read posts / articles from Mike Ware; they're clear, definite - unless stated otherwise - and comprehensive.) A description targeted for "dummies" would do good. (Sorry if I missed such a posting -> I'd be grateful if you provide me links to those postings then...)

For the moment I'm pretty satisfied with the method Marek described / suggested *in just few clear words / sentences*, because *it doesn't include any extra step / material other than regular household bleach*. (I mean when compared to good ol' standard gum dichromate as we know it.)

Quoting John Grocott <john.grocott403@ntlworld.com>:

Good Morning All,
This Bleach thread seems to have developed into a ''big deal''. My own association with Javel Water is that I have used it for about fourteen years in my Direct Carbon process as already decribed in several previous postings.

There is a modest D/C image of mine made on high quality bog standard wall paper ( 220 gsm ) ''Hippy Tower'' if anyone would care to view it on :-

http://picasaweb.google.com/photographist14/HippyTower2007/photo?authkey=DWqHpmYq1zY#5141351674422268306

This print is not yet for sale but it could be up for auction in about 1 0 3 years.

I am wondering if polyurythane spray coated on both sides ( thanks Loris ) would render the print more archival.

Happy hols and seasonal greetings to all.

John - Photographist - London - UK