U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: gum mixes

Re: gum mixes

hi chris

1. premixed gum: never
2. 300 grams (lumps in cheescloth) plus 1 liter water

Recently I purchased a cheap winemakers hydrometer: http://urltea.com/2f4x It has no baumé scale but degrees baumé can be calculated from the specific gravity scale. Here's a calculator: http://www.ilpi.com/msds/ref/baumescale.html , somewhere I found one the other way round too but I don't have the url at this moment.

Measured my gum and found it was exactly 14 baumé.

Sentisizer: saturated potassium dichromate in a 1:1 mix for all layers

kees