U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | RE: gum mixes

RE: gum mixes

Chris:
 14 baume commercial gum. I premix stock gum and pigment solutions. For tricolor work about 1 tube of Daniel Smith watercolor in 120 cc 14 baume gum
30% ammonium bichromate
My final mix for coatong is 3 part gum(pigment)/3 part water/1 part AMT
Marek

> Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2007 11:18:34 -0700
> From: zphoto@montana.net
> Subject: gum mixes
> To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
>
> Dear all,
>
> I'm finishing my section on gum thicknesses, and was wondering a question or
> two of all one-time to inveterate gum printers:
>
> 1. How many of you are using premixed gum?
> 2. If not and you are mixing your own, what dilution are you mixing it at
> exactly--weight of gum into what volume of water, for instance? If it is
> 300g in a TOTAL volume of 1 liter, or 300g PLUS one liter please
> differentiate clearly. If, mixing more than one solution, also state. If
> not using gum/pigment 1:1 sensitizer at time of use please note.
>
> Any other practices, I'd love to hear--e.g. using a hydrometer or some such
> thing. Or if you use dry gum at time of use in your sensitized mix and do
> not premix a gum solution. Stuff like that. I've got the timeline almost
> finished on gum dilutions from beginning til now and I want the "now" as in
> 2007. Hopefully this isn't too pointless, misleading, and confusing!
> Chris

> Christina Z. Anderson
> Assistant Professor
> Photo Option Coordinator
> Montana State University
> Box 173350
> Bozeman, MT 59717
> 406.994.6219
> CZAphotography.com

The best games are on Xbox 360. Click here for a special offer on an Xbox 360 Console. Get it now!