U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: math question verrrrrry off topic

Re: math question verrrrrry off topic

Okay, Chris. Here is it-- straight from my resident statistician here:

If they were the only 3 people from that institution who applied, AND if judging was completely random, then the probability of this is roughly 1 in 64 (key word: roughly). If more than that applied from this same institution, and only 3 got in, then the calculation will be more complex.

Hope that helps. :)