U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | UVPlotter project

UVPlotter project

There has been a lot of talking about Fresson and I believe John even suggested to make a machine for direct carbon coating but I should like to talk about another for me much more interesting possibility. For alternative photographic process what we should need, I believe, should be a digital enlarger that could permit us to print digital files directly -avoiding negatives- on coated papers using UV light.

I have been thinking about this possibility and I used a lot of my free time making engineering drawings for implementing this idea but I should like to discuss openly my project with anyone interested in it because the project is too big and expensive for a single person.

Here are some basic details of my project:

-Table size:740x1100 mm=29.1x43.5"

-Maximum print surface: 600x800 mm =23.6x31.4"

-Table movements: x, y z linear guides and step motors

-Type of light:365 nm monochromatic UV leds

-Number of UV leds: 1600

-Pixel sizes: 0.1, 0.2, 0.3 and 0.4 mm

-Pixels per inch: 254, 127, 84 and 64 ppi

-Number of simultaneous pixels:50x32=1600

-Estimated printing time for 1600 pixels: 1-6 sec

-Estimated printing time for 48Mpixels: 16-48 hours

-Estimated total cost of end product: $5000 - $10000

Is there anyone interested in exchanging ideas about it?

-Francesc

More new features than ever. Check out the new AIM(R) Mail ! - http://webmail.aim.com