U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Daniel Smith Luminescent Watercolors

Daniel Smith Luminescent Watercolors

Has anybody used the Daniel Smith Luminescent watercolor for gum printing? They  are made from 'mica pigment'  and I am unsure how this would work with gum but they look interesting.

from the Daniel Smith

"Our Luminescent watercolors, unlike anything ever seen in watercolor, simulate the glitter of a watery surface or the luster of mother-of-pearl. They're made from mica pigment, thin transparent particles coated with highly reflective metal oxides. When applied, they create a sense of depth and a sheen that changes with the angle of reflection and observation, sometimes reflecting their complementary colors."

Freedom of expression means you have the right to offend people.

Deborah Betz

=