U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Daniel Smith Luminescent Watercolors

Re: Daniel Smith Luminescent Watercolors

Hi Deborah,

I've used these as well as the DS interference colors in gum printing.  They work, but never gave me the amount of glitter I had hoped for.  If that is what you are after, it might be better to selectively dust mica flakes onto a printed layer before it dries.

I might try that someday should I ever get the bizarre urge to photograph someone in sequined, "interesting clothes."

I've also used some of the metallic powders and watercolor pigments, and the particles in those paints seem to sink into the emulsion and align themselves so any shine is reduced.

Joe