From: Judy Seigel [mailto:jseigel@panix.com]
Sent: Saturday, January 26, 2008 3:07 PM
To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
Subject: Re: Liquitex etc.

Thanks Bogdan,

A brief PS about my abortive Liquitex on inkjet -- on the print, not the
frame.  I'd used several coats of mat varnish. When thorougly dry it
proved to be not only very paled out, but blurred.

Of course it reprinted in just minutes on the inkjet printer, looking
as good as new.  I'm trying to avoid having to cut little pieces of glass
for a frame.  (Next I'll try gloss Liquitex, only 1 coat, then a "regular"
petroleum-based commercial varnish, but maybe I should go right to...
shellac?)

J.

On Thu, 24 Jan 2008, Bogdan Karasek wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Just a comment from one who has done a lot of varnishing, doors, chairs,
> tables, armoirs etc.  Use a paint thinner to "thin" the varnish; makes it
> more "liquid"; on furniture, it gets into all the cracks and joints.
Regular