U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Mac OS X Leopard (Re: new problem)

Re: Mac OS X Leopard (Re: new problem)

Diana:
This might aid you. When a new OS is written, 3rd party functions of soft/hardware take some time in catching up. A huge portion of
the Epson market is fine art such as we are into . . . particularly with the Mac computers. An instance you might notice is that in television and
in film the protagonist is virtually always seen operating a Mac computer. So, Epson pays attention and on their web site, below, are some Beta driers for the 3800 to work with Leopard.
They say:

The following Epson drivers are for use with Apple Macintosh OS 10.5 - 10.5.x. These drivers are offered for public beta testing only, so Epson provides them "as is," without any warranty, support or liability of any kind. Final release of these drivers is expected to be Q1 of 2008.

These Epson Leopard drivers are all new. They are being designed to take advantage of the latest technologies introduced with the Leopard OS. One major feature is the 16-bit printing path. We are designing the drivers to function so that if you are printing 16-bit files from 16-bit capable printing applications, the data remains untouched in native 16-bit form as it arrives into the Epson printer driver for color and screening processing.

Here is their web site:
http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supAdvice.jsp? type=highlights&noteoid=101603

Best
Jack