U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: My first platinum-palladium over gold leaf prints

Re: My first platinum-palladium over gold leaf prints

Hi Kerik,

I've tested a number of different sizes, some intended for the purpose and others not so much. The best thus far is Kolner (picture an umlaut over the "o") Permacoll Size from http://www.gildedplanet.com/. They are very nice people to deal with over the phone. This size goes on easily, is transparent and maintains its stickiness for hours so you're not hustling during a narrow window of time to get the gold onto the back of the vellum.

Hope this helps!

Dan

info@DanBurkholder.com
www.DanBurkholder.com