U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Vandyke Question

Re: Vandyke Question

  • To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
  • Subject: Re: Vandyke Question
  • From: Zev Schmitz <zeesme@gmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 11:09:50 -0500
  • Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com;s=gamma;h=domainkey-signature:received:received:in-reply-to:references:mime-version:x-priority:content-type:message-id:content-transfer-encoding:from:subject:date:to:x-mailer;bh=xRmRvoAv6cuDPQGiMeH7n6Op7/AXrbOd8EQf6YBl/no=;b=CGsS+U+jyR03gQZi5LjxsInICZS/bxcbdfoEpTmd1FG98hDv1v9jZgZrMo0li05LO29i1npFIL8ZZDbWcN/h7FPDZJzyMRCSIpewkSi0rq76bCQt4hfZLwmy+5goFjnZ+SuWrlneIUHIKKOr/0xTjOAohSpfa9K3+Q80mwHbjRs=

Not to hijack the thread but while we are on the topic I would love to poke your brains about toning van dykes.
Im trying to find a way to get a more neutral tone from van dykes and possibly a little more dmax. I want to either palladium or selenium tone my prints because gold and platinum are a little out of my price range. What are the tonal changes like from toning with either of these two? Thanks!