U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Vandyke Question

Re: Vandyke Question

Thank you all for your help. I tried heating the solutions, adding more tartaric acid, and even added part c to the mix drop by drop and I still get the same result - a precipitate. I now have 800 ml of Vandyke solution. Last night I tried printing using the 2 year old sensitizer and it printed just fine when I double coated. The newer solutions printed the same as the old sensitizer once I filtered them and double coated the paper. I guess the problem is solved but I still find it strange and I have enough sensitizer to last a life-time. Thank you again.