U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Anthotypes

Re: Anthotypes

Steven did quite a range of anthotypes, primarily with fresh flowers, that are posted to his gallery at alternativephotography.com:

http://www.alternativephotography.com/artists/steven_pitsenbarger.html

I believe he had limited luck with blueberries, because he was crushing the fruit rather than pureeing it, and most of the color is in the skin. I like your idea of cooking the fruit to break down or spread the color.

On the food and drink side, an inexpensive red wine emulsion was one of my favorites, and dark bottled juices might also work.

Beth

liz tuttie wrote:
Thank you all, Cyanotypes are a possibility but I am really looking into
the anthotypes for the back to nature sort of idea also. The school is
reall looking for a real organic, back to nature experience.
I find the blueberry idea intriguing,since we are in blueberry country. I
am wondering if cooking them down might be an advantage as the raw interior
is not that intense. I will experiment.. Jalo , 4 days .. wow..
Liz