U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | test for complete removal of iron?

test for complete removal of iron?

Dear List,

Could anyone reveal an easy to perform test for complete removal of iron in our iron based alt processes without having to perform XRF analysis? In my position of being in touch with examples of Pt-Pd prints executed during the last decade I see many examples of prints (made by different authors) with yellow stain due to the presence of residual iron. I think we all could benefit of having a standardized testing procedure in this matter and adress the more chemically strong between us to concoct a solution.

I take advantage of this email to announce our latest alt exhibit at Atelier pH7 which unites 16 authors and 8 different processes: http://www.permadocument.be/texte/Z/A.html

With my warmest greetings,
Roger

Roger Kockaerts