U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Gum on Masa

Re: Gum on Masa

Outstanding! Keith, these are incredible. I need to spend more time looking at each one, and I wish I could spend an afternoon in a room with all of them together, but I think this may be the best example I've ever seen of marrying a subject to the gum medium. This is what gum is for.

The more photographic ones, like 17, 61, 64, I don't find so interesting, though the technique is superb. I like the ones that exploit the capabilities of gum to take it beyond the limits of photography and express something that might not have been communicated using a different process. Like 55, 56, 43, 36c, for starters. Thanks so much for sharing these,
Katharine