From: Keith Gerling [mailto:keith.gerling@gmail.com]
Sent: 03 April 2008 16:14
To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
Subject: Re: SPE and alt update

Whether large or small, I coat with a foam brush and smooth with a
cheap soft-bristle brush.  One issue with coating gum is to get the
emulsion even before it dries - and this can be a big problem with
large areas.  One trick that works with many papers and alternative
substrates such as gessoed wood and aluminum (but unfortunately not,
for me at least, the Masa paper I am using at present) is to heavily
mist the surface with water, brush it even, and let it sit for a
moment.

On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 7:48 AM, Clay Harmon <wcharmon@wt.net> wrote:
> I use a dense foam roller.
>

>  On Apr 3, 2008, at 8:45 AM, john@johnbrewerphotography.com wrote:
>

> > How does she (do you) coat such large sheets evenly with gum?
> >
> > John
> >
> > www.johnbrewerphotography.com

Texas)