U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | RE: A few gum things

RE: A few gum things

Diana
I use gelatin / dichromate to size papers. Works quite well for me in a tri colour gum. I am not sure what is the procedure that James has, so I can not comment on it. You have to remember that dichromates are not the crosslinking agent. They have to be converted Cr (VI) from the dichromate to  Cr (III), by either dark reaction, which is slow, or UV light. I coat with gelatin / dichromate , let dry and expose to sunlight for 15-30 minutes to harden the gelatin. I can email details if you want to try.
Marek