U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | gum & dichromate as size

gum & dichromate as size

On Mon, 7 Apr 2008, Diana Bloomfield wrote:

Oh, I would like to also add that I tried that sizing suggestion in James' book (and I saw it mentioned somewhere else, too) where you size with gum and dichromate-- I tried that twice and couldn't get it to work. Has anybody ever actually tried that, and does it work?

What works is the gummist -- it's infinitely more trouble than just a gelatin size and hardener because it's got to be for crying out tears DEVELOPED ! And then probably cleared. (Obviously some people like it, but some people like canned sardines...)

J.