U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: glyoxal v. formaldehyde

Re: glyoxal v. formaldehyde

Hi Judy,

It took me a couple of weeks to figure out what "the list" was that you mentioned to me when I first wrote to you about ordering PF back in the winter. I signed onto the list and lurked for several weeks before cutting back to an occasional gander. It's not always been the case, but these days, reading about most other processes than gum doesn't do that much for me. And the gum folks on the list seem mostly to do tri-color which I'm not that into either. And I wasn't too keen on the flame wars or whatever that flair up every so often.

But I've enjoyed reading what you and a few of the others have had to say about this and that and along the way I picked up some bits and pieces of useful information. And discovering this active site where like minded folks go to talk about alternative methods has done wonders for keeping isolation at bay. But in the end I'm just not inclined to that sort of thing. But thanks for alerting me to it in the first place. It was my first list serve experience.

It seems we approach gum with a similar mindset as well as a shared methodology. I looked for examples of your work on the internet. I wanted to see how those similarities in approach expressed themselves in your work but I only found a couple of things. Could you direct me to more of your work? Here's a link to mine. http://www.woodsedge.net/gallerypages/gum06.htm

Alan

Alan Dehmer
1119 Old Greensboro Road
Chapel Hill, NC 27516