From: Barry Singer [mailto:bsinger@sasktel.net]
Sent: Thursday, April 17, 2008 4:45 PM
To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
Subject: Re: STARTING POINT

I have used various photo papers in film holders, in pin hole cameras
and in my 4x5.  I use an ISO of about 5 -10.  One thing to remember is
that the range of paper is not the same as film, in that certain colors
register differently.(otherwise you couldn't use a safelight).  This is
of course especially fun with a multigrade paper.  Because different
colors seem to register different ways I use different ISO's for indoor
tungsten light (5) and outdoor solar light (10). Also , I have noticed
that the negative is a lot more contrasty when I use it indoors than
outdoors.  I don't know why.

By the way, I have always enjoyed your comments from your days as a
photographer in New York.

Barry

http://www.eset.com