U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | RE: STARTING POINT

RE: STARTING POINT

Hi Don,

I observed this difference with strongly stained Pyro negatives, these
print with higher contrast on graded paper anyway. On VC paper too
strong a stain lowers contrast significant.

Besides the enhanced contrast on graded paper the contact print seemed
to sharper on graded paper, on VC paper it seemed that there was a kind
of haze over the image, giving a unsharpness..

I must add  that I only rarely observe this,last time with a weak
negative which I first siler intensified, and than bleached and agin
developed in PyrocatMC, resulting in strong dtain.

I believe that Barry Thorton in his book Edge Of Darkness reports the
same phenomena,

Best,

Cor