U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Epson 3800 [pigment over alt process overprinting]

Re: Epson 3800 [pigment over alt process overprinting]

  • To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
  • Subject: Re: Epson 3800 [pigment over alt process overprinting]
  • From: Jonathan Taylor <jtyr@sover.net>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 08:43:35 -0400

Hi all,

I'm a long time lurker, but I don't think I've ever posted. I'm just getting
into alt process (cyanotype), and I'm really curious about overprinting.
I've noticed that Dan Burkholder is doing it too. I'm also making my
negatives on an Epson 3800. I'm discovering I have a lot to learn!

I'm particularly curious about pigment over alt process overprinting, and
specifically what papers you all have found that work. I tried a dedicated
inkjet paper, Inkpress Warmtone fiber, and had what looked like terrible
contamination. What are you all using?

--Jonathan Taylor