U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | RE: Epson 3800

RE: Epson 3800

Hi Marek

I’ve been using the 3800 for a while – I found I had to calibrate it to get the soft colours out that I use

I’m now using it for negatives for platinum and it is quite magical

The trick though is in the settings – I use Quadtone RIP and get some excellent results – but need to adjust each negative a little using curves

It is also excellent for overprinting with the pigment ink – though again the issue is colour – too bright and it looks as though the kids have been at it with felt-tipped pens!

Good luck

Edward

Twickenham, UK