U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | RE: best film for 3800 PT/PD negs

RE: best film for 3800 PT/PD negs

  • To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
  • Subject: RE: best film for 3800 PT/PD negs
  • From: Don Bryant <dsbryant@bellsouth.net>
  • Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 10:25:44 -0400

Bob,

I think Pictorico may have a slight edge for quality, maybe.

As for getting the best price, I've not found any retailer giving a better
price over the competition for Pictorico so try Bostick & Sullivan. Adorama
used to sell it slightly discounted but I don't think so anymore.

As for the Inkpress material, use the link I posted. It's the only place I
know that sells it. Notice that it also is sold in 11x17 and 17x22 sheet
sizes. Not so for Pictorico.

Since you are in Barbados you may wish to look at purchasing some of the
Agfa transparency materials that are only sold in Europe.

For starters though, purchase a package of 8.5 x 11 of each and see how it
performs on your printer.

Don Bryant