U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Grainy Kallitype

Re: Grainy Kallitype

On Mon, 2 Jun 2008, david drake wrote:

I have had this problem with my Vandykes using Platine, whereas the Stonehenge paper has always worked well under the same circumstances. I have always thought that it was due to Platine needing more humidity to print. I'm fairly sure that a higher humidity allows the paper to absorb more sensitizer.
David,

would you explain to a lay person why higher humidity would lead to more absorption? I would have thought that dryer conditions would mean more liquid would be soaked up...????

There's probably some simple principle I'm missing... but it does confuse...

thanks,

J.