U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: gum question

Re: gum question

On Sat, 7 Jun 2008, Diana Bloomfield wrote:
... I don't know-- since when are people worried about photographs looking "photographic?" As I said, I did a few other gum prints from zone plates, but it was difficult to get something that would, after a few layers, remain somewhat defined. The ones that were fairly simple, in composition and information-- like this one-- seemed to do the best. I'm crazy about the zone plates, though, and what a boon to actually be able to see (well, sort of) what I'm actually taking a picture of . . .

I haven't seen the photos yet, because I have to go to another server to view them, but thought it worth mentioning meanwhile that I've heard of dealers AND critics plugging photographs because "they don't look like photographs..."

(Who was it said you can't please all of the people some of the time... or like that?...)

J.