U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Cyanotype chemicals in a rusty old jar

Re: Cyanotype chemicals in a rusty old jar

Malin Fabbri schrieb:
Hi all!
I thought I'd share my latest experiment with you all. At least those of you interested in cyanotypes. I coated some cyanotypes and mixed the chemicals in a rusty old jar - just to find out if it would react with the metal (can a brush with a metal ferrule be used?). It did react. Here is the result:
http://www.alternativephotography.com/articles/art115.html
Any feedback, or anyone else trying similar things?
All the best,
Malin
Hi Malin,

maybe you can avoid the oxidized / blue highlights by filtering the solution just befor use, as I do with old ready mixed solutions, where some particles already were formed through aging. In most cases they are normal to use and I would be interested, if it works with this rusty solution too.

Anke