U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | RE: "serum of milk"

RE: "serum of milk"

Hi Dirk-Jan,

Oh no! That is not what I meant. I meant to say that after the liquid and
the solid has been separated by filtration or straining, if one wants to do
casein painting, he can add ammonia or sodium carbonate to the solid to
dissolve it again. That is commonly used in casein painting. I guess the
ammonia would gas out, and any remaining sodium carbonate will be washed
out.

Dave