U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: "serum of milk"

Re: "serum of milk"

thanks to Dirk Jan, Dave, Liam & company -- I forget who it was suggested rennet, which I remember trying to find when I was making cottage cheese (don't ask me why I was doing that, amnesia is merciful) -- but it did actually create whey, and I bet the health food store has it today. (I mean REAL rennet, which we used to use for "junket" a million years ago, much better for making whey I'm sure than that nasty "dessert.") I also have sodium hydroxide and/or potassium hydroxide among 100 chemicals I never expected to use again. Hurrah...

Tho now I'm thinking that if just the size is such a production, what will the actual process be like... but ... onward. I have some papers to try, but will check with David A at NY Central about the papers advised in the article, one of which was Saxe, the other ----. It seems that sometimes these papers are still made. I remember finding a paper that Demachy or someone had used for gum... It had extremely strong laid lines that (for me) spoiled the print, but otherwise printed wonderfully...

TBC...

J.