U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | RE: Carbon on glass with back exposure

RE: Carbon on glass with back exposure

Thanks Marek.

Since making carbon tissue is quite burdensome (when compared to the
simple task of coating paper with a brush and then letting it dry for a
couple of minutes), I wanted to know if there's a special knack... Thanks
for the tips about clouds and sun's path!

For exposure (+ digital negative calibration), I plan to use our local "UV
Index" value. (Accessed through internet, given in a pretty precise manner
like 9.8... Data is pseudo-actual since readings are made every 5
minutes.) The index is linear, therefore I will just define and convert
the times using the UV index as a factor... The station that takes the UV
radiation readings is about 14 miles away of my current location, so I
hope there will be not much variation between there and here. (Such as;
clouds over there, clear here and v.v.)

I know about carbon and did some test prints before... (Thanks to Sandy's
book + the workshop we took from him few years ago in Istanbul.)

3 Temmuz 2008, Perşembe, 9:22 pm tarihinde, Marek Matusz yazmış: