U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | RE: Cyanotype chemicals need cooking?

RE: Cyanotype chemicals need cooking?

Probably they were referring to the making of New Cyanotype solution - as
noted by Doug...

For both New Cyanotype and Classic Cyanotype I mix the solutions away from
(UV rich) daylight, under a fairly strong (100W) incandescent light
source. I even mixed the solutions under - again,  fairly strong (23W) -
spiral fluorescent light bulb and never experienced any adverse effects.

To prepare New Cyanotype sensitizer: I simply boil water, let it cool to
around 60-70C / 140-160F (nothing precise; I just wait until I'm out of
patience - which usually takes a fairly short time) and then prepare and
mix the solutions in above stated lighting conditions. No problems at
all...

I think it's overkill (and dangerous - especially with hot solutions) to
work in dark (or excessively darkened) environment for mixing the
solutions.

8 Temmuz 2008, Salı, 10:04 am tarihinde, C.Breukel@lumc.nl yazmış: