U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | RE: Print Dryers

RE: Print Dryers

Jon, The heat drying of paper should in and of itself change the paper. What you are probably seeing is a lack of humidity in the paper and due to the speed change of PT and PD you may be seeing that effect. PD gets slower with lower humidity so if your prints are primarily PD then you may expect a slower print. The PT will get faster. What you see will depend on how much of each is there, whether or not you re humidify your paper and what FO or AFO are you using.

AS for drying the finished/processed print, a room fan with the drying screens works OK if you keep a clean “house”.

Eric

Eric Neilsen Photo

4101 Commerce Street, Suite 9

Dallas, TX 75226