To: <alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca>
Sent: Thursday, July 17, 2008 9:10 AM
Subject: RE: dreamy Nikon lenses

Hi Christina, I think it is the lens. In the 40's lens were not coated and,
because of lens flare, bright image areas tended to bleed and produce
dreamy, glowy images. I had a friend using old screw mount leica lenses and
he often got this effect - white areas bleeding and creating a halo. If the
lens has some scratches it is even better :-)

gregory