U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: glass slides

Re: glass slides

My grandmother used to project her glass slides with a projector made by Argus. I don't know a model number, but it worked entirely manually. It had a sliding mechanism that stuck out from the side, and loaded the slide from the side rather than the top. I would suspect any of the older projectors that did not automatically load slides from a tray would work.
juan

Christina Z. Anderson wrote:
Does anyone know a model number of a projector that would be able to project the old aluminum frame glass 35mm slides? The frame is quite thick and will not work in my slide projector. The slides will descend but are heavy enough to stay in the slide "hole" and not come up by the spring mechanism, and I don't want to tax the spring mechanism of my slide projector. I figure if I could google a model number I might have better luck finding some such thing on ebay.

Slides are from 40's-50's, maybe earlier. There are two types of aluminum frames; the later ones have plastic "loc" backs, the older ones have sort of an empty back.