From: Christina Z. Anderson [mailto:zphoto@montana.net]
Sent: Thursday, July 24, 2008 11:29 AM
To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
Subject: Re: question re salt prints

Margery
Salt is a very long scale process- like a poor man's platinum as it is
called. I can describe my curve but curves generally are
person/process/printer/etc. specific so giving a curve doesn't always work.
It also depends on if using black or colored inks completely, and I use
colored inks with no black ink, and add 15% ink density.

 I wonder if you couldn't use a silver curve from Dan Burkholder's website
as a substitute for salt?  check out danburkholder.com I think it is...

Anyway, my salt curve is a gradual inverted S curve, midpoint at about
127/87 input output, and raises gradually on the left bottom side of the
curve palette and plummets more drastically on the right top side of the
curve.  Try to mimic that and you'll get somewhere.
Chris