U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Lightsource for Gum Bichromates

Re: Lightsource for Gum Bichromates

Hello Bjørn and others,

Loris is right on the wavelenght but not on the 40W. The 60cm 05 tubes are 20W and 38mm diameter, at least mine are. That fits them nicely in cheap harwarestore 60cm 20W fittings.

Here's the (old) pdf with product information: http://polychrome.nl/file_download/18/ 9nice printing unit

If you skrew 8 to 10 cheap 60cm 20W fittings, the shallowest you can get, close together on a piece of plywood you get a 50x60 UV unit. Attach plywood back and sides of about 20 cm height for a self standing UV unit . You can slide your printing frame under it from the front.

The Philips 05 is now discontinued, the 03 still exists but is a 40W 60cm. There is a new series for (repro)graphic use.
This one (Actinic BL TL 20W/10 SLV) could be a replacement for the 05: http://tinyurl.com/5trwnm
There's also the Blacklight Blue (TL 20W BLB SLV): http://tinyurl.com/666hdq

kees