U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Aviso back issues

Aviso back issues

  • To: Alt List <alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca>
  • Subject: Aviso back issues
  • From: "Christina Z. Anderson" <zphoto@montana.net>
  • Date: Sat, 09 Aug 2008 11:27:23 -0600

OK last email....you can tell I haven't gotten to email lately...

I think Catharina Marlowe is on this list? Anyone on the list who has back issues of Aviso, from the New Pictorialist Society? Sam Wang says Russ Young does but I don't think he is on the list and he did not respond to my email. I'm interested in how long it ran, how many issues, who were the members, that type of thing. I think Jim Flack was the president, perhaps? Any and all info is appreciated.

The Photographic Arts book by John Wood got me on this tangent. He goes quite a lot into Mettoyer's work (as well as Spagnoli), both names that are still current. Anyone into cyanotype would appreciate buying a used copy of that book because there are a lot of cyanos in there (despite the caveat that he dissed Dugdale and has, of course, since been proven wrong by first Judy and then history).
Chris

Christina Z. Anderson/christinaZanderson.com