U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Advice for finding a gallery.

Advice for finding a gallery.

  • To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
  • Subject: Advice for finding a gallery.
  • From: Ryan Thompson <ryan@anteism.com>
  • Date: Sat, 09 Aug 2008 17:45:24 -0700

Hello,

I'm new to this list and appreciate all the information that is shared here. I've been into photography for 12 years now and have compiled a large portfolio of photographs that I've shown in local group art shows, cafes etc. I would like to try and take the next step to find a fine art gallery that could showcase my work. It's pretty intimidating.

Could anyone share general advice, process for approaching galleries, book recommendations? I'd appreciate any advice you could throw my way. If you know of any galleries that are having group shows or other venues where I could send my work it would be most appreciated.

Sincerely,
Ryan Thompson