U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | RE: How many layers of gum is too many?

RE: How many layers of gum is too many?

Hi Laura

What is your method of sizing?

> I really had to attack the paper with a brush during developing
just to get any image at all.

Maybe over exposing or not developing long enough. I've developed for 24
hours with a stubborn print to end up with a fab print.

When your testing change one variable at a time, gum is fickle and if you
don't you'll find it very difficult to find your problem.

Maybe list in detail your work process including method of stretching,
sizing, coating method, gum recipe, paint (inc manufacturer) method and time
of development and how the neg was made.

Maybe the gum exporters including Chris, Katharine and Judy could chime in.

John.